Requirements for the Minor
Prescribed Courses: (3 credits)
- LTNST 100 – Introduction to Latina/o Studies
Additional Courses: (9 credits)
Students must also take at least three classes – or nine credits – from a list of core courses that includes the following, among many others:
- LTNST/ENGL 226 – Latina/o Border Theories
- LTNST/ENGL 426 – Chicana/o Cultural Production
- LTNST/HISTORY 127 – Introduction to U.S. Latina/o History
- LTNST/HISTORY 467 – Latin America and the United States
- LTNST/SPAN 326 – Reading the Border/Lands
- LTNST/ SPAN 315 – Spanish and Spanish-Speakers in the U.S.
- LTNST/CMLIT 403 – Varieties of Latina/o Cultural Expression
- 3 credits of SPAN 3 or above
Supporting Courses: (6 credits)
Students will choose 6 credits from a list approved by the committee and by their advisor.
*Many of our courses also help fulfill general education and U.S. cultures requirements.